Friday, May 22, 2009

FOTD...for no reason!

I got inspired by the beauty blogs I read to do a FOTD.

Ok, first off, I ain't no makeup artist or anything, so this ain't a work of art by any means. I've always enjoyed makeup and love to try new things. If you've read some of my past posts, I've been shopping a lot online and have recent amassed a sizeable collection of samples and full sizes from several mineral makeup companies. I'm currently awaiting my substantial haul (at least to me, a 20+ item order) from cherryculture.com , which I can't WAIT for, with all the NYX items I bought at 50% off during their last sale.

So, here's my FOTD. My son wanted to get in on the action; he's not wearing anything... LOL! I'm not going anywhere special, but thought I'd give this a shot:

Face:
AWG Oil-Control Powder Primer
AWG Hope 3.8 as concealer
Dreamworld Minerals foundation in Nammu
(Cloud formula)
Dreamworld Minerals cream topping in Peanut Butter Cream
(Clay/Silica formula)
AWG Shimmer Blush in Sensational


Eyes:
UDPP as base
Silk Naturals creme liner in Film Noir
Silk Naturals e/s in Brown Sugar
Cover Girl Lash Blast waterproof mascara in Very Black

Lips:
MAC l/l in Plum
Silk Naturals l/g in Skinny Dip



BTW: Dreamworld Minerals is having a 30% off sale, starting today and ending midnight May 25th. Code is MM30, min $10 order. The sale was also my inspiration to keep trying out Ellamae's samples. :)

8 comments:

  1. your skin is glowing. i love what you've done with your skin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look really pretty! And your son is so cute...he's gonna be a heart breaker when he grows up.
    I'm thinking of stocking up from DW too now that they have a sale...never know when they might close shop again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great FOTD!!! Amazing match on the foundie - why isn't this your HG?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Cam: thanks for the sweet compliment! It's amazing what minerals can do for my skin, since it's definitely not perfect!

    @nikki: woe is me when my little boy grows up!
    I liked your DW haul...so I'm thinking of trying these out to get one myself! :)

    @jan: I'm liking this Cloud formula in Nammu, better than the Luna formula. Had to give DW a chance again, since they have their sale on. It's not a "perfect" match (Cloud matches differently than Luna, even though they're supposed to be the same shade), but I feel comfortable enough to apply it without a mirror, if I had to. It's growing on me! I've got lots of sample left to try...DW's samples are generous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does this mean that I have to order samples again? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like your fotd. your skin looks glowing! and your son is so cute :) did you get anything from the dw memorial sale? i did and i'm excited for them to arrive heehee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so pretty! Well I love the look because it's so natural it looks like you got nothing on but your skin is so radiant! Both you and your son have a great smile :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Ida: I missed out on the DW sale...I really should've gotten a FS of the Nammu and the Peanut Butter Cream I used here. :( Maybe she'll have a 4th of July sale!

    @Pop C: you're too sweet! Thanks. I actually don't have too many days like this!

    ReplyDelete