Thursday, June 4, 2009

Success, One Pound At A Time

As you may have read, I joined Weight Watchers last week, in an attempt to lose the 33 pounds I gained over 2 pregnancies. Every week, I'm supposed to weigh in (WI) and record it. Today marked my first WI.

I lost 6 pounds! I'm sure most of it is water or cleansing of some sort. I'm actually eating better while on WW, getting in my fruits and vegetables (extra fiber, hence cleansing), cutting out the unhealthy starches I used to consume. I don't imagine that I'll be losing as much each week, but at least it's working for now!

Now that I'm no longer exclusively breastfeeding, but supplementing with solid foods and formula, my Points Allowance got reduced by 5...that's like a whole meal! With any luck, this week will be as easy and encouraging as the last.

Little successes at a time, right?

5 comments:

  1. i was thinking about joining weight watchers after pregnancy too. I like how they had a plan exclusively for BFing mommies.

    Great job on the 6 lbs! THAT'S AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Ate! I told you, you can do it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! And yes, every bit is good. And you're making life long changes. That in itself is success!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats! good luck with this coming week :)

    ReplyDelete