Thursday, November 5, 2009

My First 2009 Race!

I did it!

I'm racing again!

I signed up to run a 5K fun run on Saturday, Dec 5th, called The Santa Shuffle. It's for the Salvation Army, to help them raise funds for needy families each Christmas.

I'm joining with a couple of friends on what seemed like a dare. One friend just completed the Royal Victoria Marathon last month, and the other friend, well, has never ran before. I signed up so that the friend who's never ran before will finally lace up those runners of hers that we went out to buy together and go for some training runs.

I'm also collecting donations for the event. If you live in Canada and want to support the Salvation Army this Christmas, please visit my secure Donation Page where you will also receive a tax receipt. I believe $10 is the mininum to receive a receipt. My goal is $50 (I know it's not a stellar goal...) but it's something.

Sponsor Me!



Gotta run!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment