Monday, November 2, 2009

How-To: Enjoy Your Coffee in Peace

This morning, my 4 year old and I were having breakfast.

Son: Wow, Mom! That sure is a big full cup!
Me: Yes, that's my coffee. I need a lot of it today.
Son: Why?
Me: Oh, I was up late last night. I went to a party, remember?
Son: Oh, whose party?
Me: It was my coworker,...you met her before. It was a wedding; she was getting married.
Son: Oh, what's "married"?
Me: Well, Daddy and I got married. I picked him, and he picked me and we got married. Tita (Aunt) Janice picked Uncle Dave and Uncle Dave picked Tita Janice, and they got married.
Son: How about Lolo Jun (Janice's dad)?
Me: Yeah. Lolo Jun picked Lola Phoebe (Janice's mom) and Lola Phoebe picked Lolo Jun. One day, maybe you'll pick some girl and you'll get married too!
Son: I don't want to get married.
Me: No? Maybe one day....
Son: {shakes head} No, I don't want to get married.
Me: Well, I'll remember this talk in the future (for your wedding reception). You sit on it, think about, maybe you'll change your mind one day.
Son: I'm not hungry anymore. {exits room}

And that, my friends, is how you clear the room and enjoy your coffee in peace on a Monday morning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment